TOSFS

I must say that I don't like the new behaviour of TOSFS (allowing access
only to root or group 0). Yesterday, I've implemented a different method:
TOS filesystems are accessible as they used to be, but they support
chmod and chown on the root folder. The ownership and permission are applied
to all files on the FS, so you can give drive D: to user A und drive E:
to user B and so on.

Being at it, I made tos_getxattr return correkt values for block size and
number of blocks (for files). Also, I've implemented a new scheme for
computing something more sensible for the inode: I'm doing a 32-Bit-CRC
over the full pathname. At least I get the same inode for multiple stat()'s
to one file, and all inodes *seem* to be unique on my filesystem. Of course,
that can't be guaranteed... Drawback: the CRC table takes 1K of memory.
What do you think?

Re Rwabs: before doing the alias drive translation, bit 3 of rwmode has to
be checked. I think that this might cause problems with programs using
the physical mode of Rwabs (MinixFS!!!!!!!!!!!).

Besides, the permission check isn't useful at all, unless DMARead/DMAWrite
and Flopfmt... do the checks, too. I would propose either to remove the
checks or to let them use the access permissions set up for the root
directories (see above).

I'll try to send diffs tomorrow or on Tuesday...

Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
 eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de