Re: xfs in general

> Sorry for all this drivel but when I think of that time I wonder if MiNT on
> better hardware (fully interrupt driven, good memory managenent unit etc.)
> wouldn't be much better off and fit for the job. Don't misunderstand me;
> I don't hate ATARI at all. I have a 520/4Mb/145Mb and a 1040/4MB/210Mb both
> running TOS 2.06 and I love them and the software running on them (mostly
> WORKS, GNU and MiNT).

I don't think it's the hardware that makes MiNT inefficient. The
ST has everything you need for a good multitasking operating system
(OS9 has been available for it for quite a long time). The current
performance problems are due to software idiosyncracies and
compatibility issues.

Claus Brod, MDD, HP Boeblingen         Have you hugged your manager today?