Re: TOSFS

In <9402221320.AA11598@math.uni-muenster.de> you wrote :

>> My feeling is that the best inode computation would be to use the
>> starting sector number of the file as the inode.  But I don't know of
>> a way to compute the starting sector number without reading the FAT
>> directly.
>
>Nor do I. I don't think that we will get a real inode without doing a
>real xfs...

You don't have to read the FAT, only the directory entry, but yes, I agree,
that's a pretty messy way to have to do it.

>Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
> eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de

I think julian's idea of crc'ing the pathname is a pretty good compromise.

mike smith : silicon grease monkey  | If you think it can't be done, |
miff@asharak.apana.org.au           | it means you don't have enough |
miff@apanix.apana.org.au            | money in your budget.          |