MiNT Copyright (was: MiNT 1.11 ? are we ready for it now ?)

> Well MiNT 1.10 seems to have settled down now, maybe its time to assemble them
> all into an offical version 1.11 ?  Yes I know Atari have put a hold on
> software development, but that dosn't mean we have to !  I suggest we all
> synchronise are versions by having MiNT 1.11

My interpretation of the copying conditions is that nobody is allowed
to distribute modified versions of MiNT 1.10 except Atari Corp. or
somebody with a license from Atari Corp.  To distribute your own version
of MiNT you'd have to go back to 0.95 (which was freely redistributable,
even in modified form, given that a few conditions were met (e.g., don't call
it "MiNT")) and apply the patches that have been posted to this list.

I regard this restriction a serious loss.  MiNT is not the free operating
system it once was.

Anyone from Atari listening?  Would it be possible to lift these restictions
a bit?

Michael
--
Internet: hohmuth@freia.inf.tu-dresden.de