MiNT Problems

First, I fixed my NVDI vs. Fasttext troubles by sending a VT52 cursor on
message to /dev/console .. well, actually, /dev/slowcon - I renamed it :-)
I would guess that I should modify my /dev/fasttext to always echo the
cursor on/off codes .. maybe through the xcon vectors?  For now, I have
a cusror, with NVDI loaded before MiNT (otherwise the system was VERY
instable especially with loaded fonts) so everything is OK except TOSWIN
and the fact that some programs will refuse to work sometimes.  I have
a strange feeling that a register is not being saved somewhere.

I cannot find any change to MiNT to explain the new behavior.  Can
someone download mint 1.08 and compile it with gcc 2.5.8 and see if
it is screwey with the new AES?  That would tell us if it is MiNT or
GCC.  If it is a register difference, please patch either MiNT or GCC
to start saving that register.  It would really help.

Oh .. I've been thinking .. can I change the monitor-detect vector so
that it calls Setscreen to change the video mode?  I'd like to be
able to do this.  Oh, Geneva can be started and stopped, unlike MultiTOS,
and you can load Geneva from Geneva.  Has anyone tried to load Geneva on
two different virtual consoles?   Is this possible?  Or will virtual
consoles onlyu save text and attributes, and not the whole screen?

I still think logbase should be per-application.  Why can't it be again?

~.