Re: Minix Problems

>It seems that Minix can't sync() properly sometimes.  I think it may have
>something to do with programs that eat CPU time polling, preventing Minix
>from getting an update.   Then again, It may have nothing to do with it.
>Basically, addroottimeout still seems to be buggy.  I'm NOT running the
>net pacthes, but I still get problems.

May I suggest that you patch a vanilla MiNT 1.10 using the third mega-patch
(as I've heard a great deal about problems with mega-patch 4) as this
contains all the addroottimeout stuff needed by MiNTnet.

>Basically, I was gonna fix the cookie-jar routines that i was working on
>when I last got a Minix crash, and it happened again (I did not run the
>thing, and compiling code can't break anything, only running it can).
>It could be that I am using GCC 2.4.5 .. I think that is the same compiler
>I was using before.  In any case, my Minix partition is permanently broke
>it would seem.

Either get GCC 2.3.3 or 2.5.8, anything in between is terminally broken for
the m68k architecture.

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).