MiNTOS Release 1.4 now available.

>From: knarf@nasim.cube.net (Frank Bartels)
>BTW: Is it a known bug, that /bin/login crashes with a memory
>violation, if you log in as root? It does not happen as normal user.

Logins as root work fine on my machine.  I rarely log in as anything
else. (MiNT 1.11, MiNTos 1.2, TOS (not sure what version), TT030).

Make sure your login & init are compiled with the latest MiNTlibs
release.  Also check your .profile or whatever for root, it could be
that some program in your startup script for root is crashing, and
causing you to get logged out.

Also, make sure you aren't spawning getty's on any devices that don't
exist.  If you do, init will crash.  I sent a patch for this a long
time ago, but it doesn't seem to have found its way into MiNTos.

Cheers,
entropy

Personal mail:      entropy@gnu.ai.mit.edu
MiNT library mail:  entropy@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu