Backing up a minix partition

>This question has probably been asked before, but since I'm using MiNT now for
>over half a year and have been installing lots of stuff, I thought it's about
>time to make a backup.
>I only don't know how to make a backup of a minix partition, so including all
>permissions, links and so on.
>Perhaps I can just try "tar -cf - /" and pipe that to gzip, but I still need a
>way to distribute the output over the diskettes.

Install one of the raw floppy drivers, such as ps0.

The command:
gtar czvMf /dev/ps0 /foo/bar
will then backup the directory /foo/bar as a multi-volume gzipped raw
archive.  It will prompt you for each disk.

cheers,
entropy

Personal mail:      entropy@gnu.ai.mit.edu
MiNT library mail:  entropy@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu