Re: MiNT 1.11 problems

Hello!

|>> I have tried the 1.11 version of MiNT for a couple of hours, and one thing
|>> I can't do is change the resolution to ST-HIGH while holding Control down.
|>> Oh, btw, I am a Falcon owner, if you where wondering.
|>> Another problem I have is that I can't run MultiTOS (AES 4.1) with it.
|>> It gives me an error code (65502, or something) and then leaves MiNT.
|>>
|>> My MiNT-version is the 030 version, linked with MiNTlib PL44 (compiled for 020).
|>>
|>> That's the problem I've experienced so far, otherwise it works fine!!
|>
|>I think it's *really* time to find out why MTOS' AES won't run on new
|>MiNTs. There seem to be less problems when using gcc 2.3.3 instead of
|>newer gccs or PureC. Perhaps there's a register saving problem somewhere
|>in the AES?

Hmm, I saw a similar problem yesterday: first, I compiled mint 1.11 with
the gcc 2.5.8, and it showed the same hang-provoking behavior as some
other versions before. I am using the MTOS AES 4.1 beta, and was viewing
the copying file with the viewer of multitos. When I clicked on the
down-arrow, it just stayed pressed.
But then I compiled it again with gcc 2.3.3, and everything is fine again,
no problems since then.

Oh, by the way, I was using it only without memory protection...

Regards,
Ulrich