Re: Mint 1.10 Slow??

HI there on #atari !

Well, MiNT is fast on a TT & Falcon. Comparing with PCs it's really fast !
Most PCs are Windows on 50 or 66 MHz or even more !!! This means Windows
needs a lot of performance in order to run !!!

Ok MagC ! is really faster !!! This is true. But MagC! has NO !!! Minix XFS
support ! If you want to compile with gcc you  MiNT/Minix XFS & gcc. With
pure C you can't really work, can you ??? MiNT compiled with gcc is much
better than with Pure C !

Minix only works with !!! MiNT & makes harddisc access 5 - 10 times faster !!!
5 times on full partitions & 10 times faster on partitions without  lots of
files !!! This makes a really good performance !!!

What we would need is Atrai to include NVDI 2.5 or 3.0 into GEM !!!
This woud be a clever strategy !!! NVDI should be parts of the ROMs !!

The TT should work with 40  MHz & THe Falcon with 40 or 50 MHz !!!
As I know the Falcon would support 20 or 36 MHz on board and 50 MHz
for the DSP & FPU !!?? I'm not quite sure about the values , but there
accelarator you just can buy !!! This accelarator cards should be built in
 buy ATARI direct !!!!!

  Well, MiNT needs a VMM (Virtual Memory Manager like Linux or a interface
for VRAM & Outside, so that they can access the PMMU, too !!!

As MiNT only contains a few number of assembler routines I have to hope that
Atari will make a port to A RISC machine !!! This would be the best solution !!!

With best regards, Filipe

Filipe.Martins@unidui.uni-duisburg.de