Re: Linux fuer Atari

Hello Filipe,

>   Linux complains the the fs isn't clean ! If I start fsck.ext2 with
> all parameters this changes. Why isn't implemented in the startup ?

the ext2 filesystem uses a "clean flag" to detected whether the machine
has been properly shut down. This flag is cleared when the fs is mounted
read/write, and set when it is unmounted or remounted read-only. This
greatly reduces the startup time, since fsck will skip the clean
filesystems.

	Note also that you should never use fsck on a read/write mounted
partition. The right way to do things is: ask linux to mount its root
partition read-only on bootup (using the rdev utility), then the
/etc/rc.d/rc.* startup files should call fsck and (if all went well)
remount the partition read/write.

Thierry.