Ehscsi - Now scsi+acsi

To: mint@atari.archive.umich.edu

Hi, it's me - again !

Well, just thought I'd let all of you impatient people out there know that
there will be an acsi device included in the next version. I only say this,
so that anyone thinking about doing it them selves, may better wait.

I got to borrow a CD-rom shifter, and since my SCSI bus was full (IE 8
devices hooked up), I had to hook it up on the ACSI bus. I guess this was
the final kick in the ... I needed in order to do it.

I got it working now, but I will test it some more for a couple of days
before I upload it. I also have to do some hacks to make acsi-io
buffer through ST-ram (if the clients are trying to do io in TT-ram).
As well as making some functions '030 specific. (Flushing processor caches
comes to mind...)

I will also spend some time to better document what is going on inside the
drivers - so that modification will be easier for other people than me...
(This will include a short document on scsi in general)

Heh, it is kind of nice to have 7 cd-roms hooked up to my system at once :)
And all of them working through a single filesystem driver...

In the meantime, if anyone would volunteer to email me the scsi drivers for
the atari version of 68k linux, that would be great. My only connection to
the net right now, is through expensive long-distance modem'ing, so I'd
rather not hunt down the source, extract the scsi stuff, and repack it
myself... I know there are readers out there that have it installed - so
please send me email about it !

Later,
Erling

---