[no subject]

On Thu, 25 Aug 1994, Eric R. Smith wrote:

> I have no idea whether or not VRAM works with 1.11. If VRAM sets a PMMU
> cookie, then it *should*. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Well, it doesn't. It worked perfectly (almost) when I tested it with 1.08.
>From 1.10 it VRAM crashed with the message "VRAM: Cannot perform swap
operation". I don't think that this is a bug in VRAM since Outside also
crashes (if I remember correctly it wouldn't even start with 1.11).

What changes has been made in the memory management between 1.08 and 1.10?

--
Elias M}rtenson                         !  No joke here.
elias@proxxi.uf.se                      !  Sorry for the inconvenience.

If test VRAM with 1.11 and it refuses to work.

MiNT 1.08 worked with VRAM ! This means it starts and shows you much more ram
than before. But if you tried to access this RAM created by the SWAP File of VRAM
than the system crashes...

MiNT 1.10/1.11 refuses to works just at the beginning. It complains about not having
access to the PMMU and crashes ... Now, I had to avoid booting from harddisc and to boot
from disc in order to get rid of VRAM in the Auto folder.

I can use VRAM or MiNT not both.

With best regards, Filipe