Minix Again

I'm still having trouble with my Minix partition.  I have narrowed down
the problem a bit.  At first I thought that changing to the update
daemon instead of using addroottimeout was helping.  However, at the
same time I stopped fsck'ing my drive at bootup (I did this so I could
hopefully catch more errors).

As it turns out, I consistently have more problems with my drive AFTER
I fsck it and then write a file.  It would seem as if fsck stops the
updating but never turns it back on, or maybe minixfs just ignores the
request to begin updating again.  In addition, my Zone bitmap is always
wrong, no matter how many times I run fsck.  Its better if I fsck and
reboot after modifying a few files.   Most of my problems seem to be
the Zone bitmap, since when that is wrong, the system would over-write
existing zones and free free zones, etc.   I'd be interested in any
suggestions.  Can I go back to .60 PL9?  I know the link formats have
changed or something, so I wanna be safe.

Also my sz is broke.  Anyone got an ftp site that has a real sz and rz
for MiNT that supports all the features?  My port over-runs the send
buffer so sz doesn't work, although rz seems fine.  I looked at aaue
and I found a bunch of zmdm programs that are all pre-MiNT and they do
nasty things like trap exceptions to fake signals (not bad except that if
ANY program dies, it kills zmdm).   Any help would be greatly appreciated
since I have FTP access now.