>- First question:
>  ---------------
>
>  Is there a working afio for Mint ?

What's afio?

>- Another question:
>  -----------------
>
>  I tried the following command:
>
>                 zcat test.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
>
>  As soon as tar tries to write to stdout the job gets suspended.
>  Without the -v option everything works fine.
>
>  Is it a bug or a feature, that background processes get suspended,
>  when they try to write to stdout ?
>
>  My configuration: MINT1.11H2, TCSH6.04, AES4.1.
>
>Dirk

It's a bug in the version of tcsh you have, it needs to be compiled with a
hack so it uses bsd jobs rather than the (broken) POSIX ones which are
standard in the library. This problem has been seem on other Unix's which
have POSIX job control as whoever designed it obviously didn't think hard
about it.

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).