Mint 1.11h3 compile problems

I got a compilation error on DOSSIG.C while trying to compile Mint 1.11h3.
I don't remember the errors, so I will have to capture that and put it in
a message.

This leads me to some questions:

1.  To capture the information, I would really like to have the script
    program to log my entire session to a file.  Has script been ported to
    MiNT?  Can I just redirect the compilation output to a file to get the
    needed text? (on some machines, sterr only goes to the console, hence the
    need for script).

2.  Patch:  is it ok to run it more than once if it bombs?  Mine only bombs
    when it can't find the source file to patch, like the UPDATE.C file.  On
    my HP workstation, patch simply creates the missing file.  My MiNT version
    of patch stops, and I have to start over.  Is that safe?

3.  Am I the only one who gets warning messages while compiling some MiNT
    modules?  I get "incompatible pointer type" and warnings of prototypes
    on two or three modules.  Are these problems known?  Is anyone working to
    clean these up?

4.  What is the latest version of the Mintlibs and where do I get them?  Are
    there simple instructions on how to replace my existing libs with the new
    ones?  I think I am still using PL44.  I heard 45 was something to avoid,
    so I have been waiting.  I have not seen a newer version on atari.archive.

5.  I still have the getty problem where my login: prompt is garbled, but the
    password: prompt is ok.  This did not happen with my first installation of
    mintos 1.4.1, but with the replacement I just ftp'd (version 1.4.1), I now
    get the messed up login: prompt.

Thanks.  I would really like to get 1.11h3 compiled ASAP since the patches
fix  some of the problems I have been seeing (like the FTPD problem).

                                Troy Carpenter
                            Bell-Northern Research
                               Atlanta, Georgia
                                 troyc@bnr.ca

"You're so open minded that your brain leaked out" - Steve Taylor

*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The best thing in life costs exactly that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*