getty problem

Ok, I finally reinstalled by bootup configuration, added the new inetd and
rpc stuff.

Now, whenever mintos loads up and runs getty, the login: prompt is garbled.
When I type my login name, then the Password: prompt is normal.  Then I tried
running getty from the command line and got the same results.

What is going on?  Did I forget to configure something?  Before I lost the
init files, the login: prompt was just fine.

Thanks
                                Troy Carpenter
                            Bell-Northern Research
                               Atlanta, Georgia
                                 troyc@bnr.ca

"You're so open minded that your brain leaked out" - Steve Taylor

*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The best thing in life costs exactly that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*