Re: Mint Technical Questions.........

Joris.Welkenhuysen@uz.kuleuven.ac.be (Joris Welkenhuysen) writes:

|> There is a bug in bash 1.14.2 that makes shell scripts block when you use long
|> here-documents (you know : <<! ... !).  The problem is that a signal gets lost
|> and the shell waits forever for the death of the process that takes the here-
|> document as input. Because of the blocking fork, this is guaranteed to happen
|> on MiNT, on a regular Unix box this is very rare because the parent shell
|> normally has enough time to setup the signal intercept routine after the fork.

Here-documents don't need any subprocesses, the text is just put in a
temporary file, which is then used as standard input.  It works
flawlessly for me.  Could you please give an example where bash fails?

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"