Re: Virtual Memory

Hi list!
>From the list of tonight...
<As I see it we have a BIG problem here. MiNT without proper VM will
<not be able to compete with f.e. Linux68k. More and more people
<(especially the "power-users") will switch to Linux unless MiNT
<catches up with current OS-technology. Without these "power-users"
<there won`t be anyone left capable of further development and
<porting of free Unix-programs.

<OTOH, if MiNT goes VM then we will loose every ST/STE/Mega-user,
<effectively reducing the installed user-base to a couple of hundred

Sorry, but I don't see this 'BIG' problem.
Linux is for 68030 ONLY anyyway. Dont forget that! Standard Mint *DOES* work
on 68000 and 68020. SO why not make it an option? Apart from that I guess most
people on the list have a falcon or, like myself, have a PAK/3-020 or -030
fitted in their ST, which out-performs a falcon easily!

ATB Egbert Jan

 Egbert Jan van den Bussche    VAX/VMS     SHELL Research Rijswijk,
 tel. +31(0)70-3112657          ATARI      Postbus 60,
 Email: busscheh@ksepl.nl      VAX/VMS     2280 AB Rijswijk, Holland (NL)