.XDDs for extra MIDI ports?

Since I'm new to this list, you'll have to excuse me if this
suggestion has been made before:-

I'm a musician (of sorts), using Logic with extra MIDI ports in the
form of LOG3, Unitor, and sometimes Export. The main problem with
these is that the extra ports are not available to other software
(i.e. public domain editors/librarians).

What I would like to see are loadable device drivers (.XDD) to allow
these extra ports to be accessed. I believe this should be possible,
in which case it should also be possible to redirect the MIDI I/O of
existing programs (assuming they run under MiNT/MultiTOS).

I personally do not have the necessary programming skill to even
attempt this task, but is there anyone out there who would like to?
Or even anyone who has any other opinions on the suggestion?

Should anyone wish to take it on, I can contact Emagic via the Logic
mailing list, in an attempt to get hardware or programming details,
though I can't make any promises. A similar situation applies to
Midex (used with Cubase), but does not actually affect me.

Cheers,

Xav <mbge4mdc@fs1.ee.man.ac.uk>