Re: Why is MH-MiNT so slooooow?

Jens Kilian wrote:

> > Does it say "DEBUG_INFO" when you're booting?  The checks for whether to
> > print debugging info or not could be slowing things down enough to
> > notice (maybe).
>
> Is that done differently in MH-MiNT than in the normal version?

No, it's not.  However, your virgin 1.12 might have been built without
DEBUG_INFO which could explain the speed difference.  However, I don't
believe that the DEBUG_INFO overhead is notable by the user (also, it
has been reduced somewhat in MiNT 1.11 compared to 1.10).

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de
WWW:   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mh1/