Re: mv accross filesystems

Torsten Scherer (Schiller) <itschere@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:

|>> Now, i still can't say how big the buffer ist, but i think it is not
|>> bigger than 8K, thus a stack size of 10K should be enough.

|>  And for GNU-cp it asks for FIONREAD or something like this, gets 512 bytes
|> and thus works perfectly with a small stack. At least that's what I once
|> found the code to look like. It also explains why cp is so slooow...

No, this has nothing to do with FIONREAD.  GNU cp uses st_blksize from
struct stat as the buffer size.  IMHO, it should rather use a multiple
of this size, and in fact i have patched it to always use at least 8K.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"