Re: New maintainer for the curses library?

On 16 Mar 1995, Frank Bartels wrote:

> Dancer (dancer@ozspace.brisnet.org.au) wrote:
> > On 13 Mar 1995, Frank Bartels wrote:
>
> I'm sure there are some patches for the latest PL16 around, but I
> cannot find them right now. Those wo did any modifications to the
> curses library should send them to the list now, in order to give
> `dancer' (What's his realname?) a good starting point.

	It's 'Dancer', actually. Strange but true.

> An alternative would be to have a look at the `new' BSD 4.4 curses or
> modify the ncurses in order to use termcap instead of terminfo
> (FreeBSD 2.0 has both, but I don't have the source here right now).

	I'm just ressurecting mysystem after a particularly fatal HD
crash. I'll look into it then. BTW, is anybody interested in fast-ish
scrolling region support for terminals that don't normally do it? I
figured a simple trick that I incorporated into a past curses lib of
mine, that allows VT100 scrolling regions on all terminals
with insert-line, delete-line and cursor addressing.

Dancer