Re: hsmoda and ppp

In <9504130859.AA79473@ibm1.cicrp.jussieu.fr>, Frederic MAUMY <p6ip100@cicrp.jussieu.fr> wrote:

> 	How can I set up my system under mint to use a speed of
> 	57600 bauds on my serial port ? (ttyb on my Falcon). It
> 	works fine with connect under "MonoTOS :)" but with Mint
> 	and ppp, I get the message: Speed Not Supported....

I believe the problem is that P1003.1 doesn't define anithing above
B38400 (see termios.h). It is possible to set higher speeds through
ioctl(), but unfortunately this is not very portable, and therefore
common availably software doesn't support this method. You'll have
to modify your slattach (or whatever) to get more then 38400bps.

Off course you need HSModA or some other driver that is capable of
setting those high baudrates (the original driver in ROM is not).

Waldi