Re: gcc-2.6.3

In message "gcc-2.6.3", waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net writes:

> Frank Bartels wrote:
>
> > And as gcc is our default compiler, I vote for the
> > following (4.4BSD style) pathnames:
> >
> > /usr/bin/cc
> > /usr/bin/gcc [symbolic link to /usr/bin/cc]
> > /usr/bin/cpp [a shellscript executing the real cpp]
> > /usr/libexec/cpp
> > /usr/libexec/cc1
> > /usr/libexec/cc1plus
>
> Looks fine for a distribution that ignores the standards set
> by Atari. ,-)

I know I don't use Lattice C.  And I don't care if it avoids Atari's standard
set, if Atari even has a "standard set" for MiNT configurations, as long as it
simplifies configuration and things compile.

I agree with Christian Lynbech's suggestion about putting things in /usr/gnu.
I have already done this with my binaries, but still had to put the includes
and libs in /usr/include & /usr/lib, respectively.  It might even simplify
upgrades to newer versions, instead of having different install paths which
vary from release to release.

Bell-Northern Research          Troy Carpenter                Atlanta, Georgia
troyc@bnr.ca                                       I speak for myself, not BNR
       "You're so open minded that your brain leaked out" - Steve Taylor
*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The best thing in life costs exactly that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*