Newcomer

Hello there

I'm a newcomer to the mailing list so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've
owned Atari computers since the early 80's when I had an Atari 400 and since
then have owned various St's and am now using a Falcon which I've had for a
couple of years. I've also got a Lynx, a Jaguar and a Portfolio so you could
say I'm a bit of an Atari fanatic.

I first heard Of MiNT a few years ago and got hold of a copy from my local
PD library but I didn't really know what to do with it so it didn't get a
great deal of use.

A few weeks ago I downloaded the distribution from TAF and went about
installing MiNT, Minix, MiNTnet, and x-windows. I got this up and running
in the end but ever since then I've been tinkering with bits and pieces and
trying to install new clients and so-forth. My major problem at the moment
is trying to get dip working but I've also made so many changes to my setup
that I've decided to have a go at installing a MiNT setup for myself.

I'm planning on installing MiNT 1.12, MiNTnet (whatever the latest version
is), Minix, Lynx and a few other clients (I'm definately going to give
DUFTP a go as it seems a really nice package).

What I really need is somebody who could help me with this process, I don't
want a complete walk through as I don't mind trying things out for myself.

Would anybody out there consider offering me the help I need? First I could
do with a list of the files I'll need. I suspect I'll need MINT.PRG, the
MiNTnet and Minix tgz archives, and tar and gzip. I think I've got most of
them already but I don't want to start the process and find out I'm missing
something of vital importance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.
__