Re: AUTOFIX patch and a question

> Correct. We should make this change as permanent as possible by removing
> those stupid drive letters. Nothing should be mounted by default, instead
> something like this would be nice:
>
> # I don't want the floppy mounted.
> # map a: /floppy
> map c: /gemdog
> # d: also not mounted
> map e: /rootfs
> map f: /usr
> map g: /home
> map h: /var
>
> [yes, this can be done by using the `ren' command, but not mounting
> the floppy is still not possible.]

Nice idea; I think something along these lines should really be
implemented in MiNT. (Perhaps, we should have an unmap command, too.
We then could maintain compatibility with existing versions of MiNT,
and people how don't like this stuff --- if there are any :-)

However, what to do, if I need the floppy later during the session?
Did you mean to make map (and my unmap) to be systems calls or only
commands in MINT.CNF? I suspect having system calls would be better.

Cheers
Wolfgang

----
Wolfgang Lux
WZH Heidelberg, IBM Germany             Internet: lux@heidelbg.ibm.com
+49-6221-59-4546                        VNET:     LUX at HEIDELBG
+49-6221-59-3200 (fax)	                EARN:     LUX at DHDIBMIP