Re: What's the best Atari portable system?

Roland Givan writes:

> In message <199511092022.VAA12565@saturn>, nox@jelal.hb.north.de said:
>
>   > PPPS: yes MiNT on STonX won't see the net yet, but that _may_ be just
>   > a matter of a little .xif that talks to its hosts /dev/tun0. (unless
>   > you want both to be using the same ip # but as we all know security
>   > on MiNT is a joke...)  and if noone has done a .xfs to mount the hosts
>   > disks directly by then, well, use nfs.
>   >
>   > PPPPS: and hey you could even run X clients on MiNT then if you really
>   > must, just set DISPLAY... ;)
>
> I'm not sure if this is what you are getting at - but is there any reason
> why the STonX environment and the host UNIX can't be bridged by a virtual
> network device in STonX?

Yes thats what i was getting at, a .xif (MiNT net interface) that talks
a hosts tun (tunnel) net if.  this is the one thats normally used for
e.g. ijppp (usermode ppp)...

>  Then MiNT-NFS would be able to mount host UNIX
> partitions and visa versa?

 sure, once you have ip...  some trap #1 extension in STonX or a
direct .xfs would of course be faster (and should get you working
locking, etc) but nfs would at least be a start.

> :-)
>
> Roland.
 cheers
	Juergen