Re: Shared Libs

> OK, here is my idea for shared libs .. it's based on the AES/VDI trap.
[...]
> Well, anything I missed?   Is this a good way to go about implementing this?
> Or should I go back to the drawing board?   I'm looking for someone that
> has some constructive (or destructive) comments on this idea.  I think
> using a trap like this would really help.

Have you thought about global variables *in the application* that must be
accessed by functions *in the library*?  "errno" is an example for this.

All accesses to such variables must be via pointers, as two different programs
will contain different instances of the same variable.

Greetings,

        Jens.
--
Internet:  jensk@hpbbn.bbn.hp.com  Phone: (0|+49)7031-14-4785 (TELNET 778-4785)