Re: fcntl.h

mntlib bugs should be reported to <mintlib@nasim.cube.net>.

> For -mlong the header file comments there to be a sign extension
> bug in the mintlibs (=> smallest handle 0), is this still valid?

This is not a bug, it's a feature:  The Fopen system call returns BIOS
handles word negative, but file handles are long words.  The sign of
the word should not be extended to the long word.

> Btw. I wonder why there's no program for converting binaries to
> object files. Hexdumping and including binaries seems like waste
> of time and diskspace. The utility would be used somewhat like
> this (without -n/-o arguments the filename would be used):
> 	bin2obj [-n sample_one] [-o sample_1.o] sample_1.spl
>
> In the source using this object the sample_one could be declared
> 	extern unsigned char sample_one;

Such a program would be trivial to write, and I'm not sure that it has
never been written before.  I believe that a program of this kind
comes with Pure C (of course, it's for the Pure C object file format
which is incompatible with GCC's).

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de