Re: List?

ekl%beastie@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG wrote:

> Hey!  Did I get dropped off the list, or did everyone buy Macs?
> Is MiNT that complete that no one is updating it anymore?  Is it
> just not worth the effort?  Come on .. lemme know you still care :-)

There have been some 70 messages during December on the MiNT list;
didn't you receive them?

And, we will ship no OS before it's time. :)

Seriously though, as very few people ever volunteer to enhance MiNT, I
must suppose everybody is happy with it (and uses BSD or Linux
machines to do serious work...)?

I hope to release a 1.12.6 before New Year's Eve, or early next year.
In January and February, I will have very little time again.  Things
will be relaxing in March.

Things that will come up in 1.12.6:

- Non-blocking Pfork() (Wolfgang Lux, with patches from Andreas
  Schwab)

- Julian promised to send in portability patches for Pure C.  I
  haven't received them yet; if I don't get them in time, I will
  release the next version without them.

- MacMiNT integration (also modulo Julian)

I've decided not to integrate your mint.cn[f123456789] patch as it
includes functionality that doesn't belong into the kernel (IMHO).
Hope you don't mind...

Things to do (volunteers required):

- virtual memory enhancements (by Eddy Morfan; are you still working
  on this, Eddy?)

- Suname() system call

- convert hacky device drivers like fasttext and serial into loadable
  device drivers

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de