Sendmail and Elm

Hi there... sorry if I'm going over anything that's already been
mentioned at some point, but has anybody on this mailing list got a
sendmail port for MiNT setup?  With Elm, or another mailer... I'm fed
up of using MiNTnet for all my internet stuff, but having to use Oasis
for getting my mail (it's a waste of time and phone bill, having to
connect just to download my mail and then disconnect)

I downloaded sendmail from somewhere ages ago, but I've had loads of
problems setting it up.  And now I can't seem to get Elm to work
either - it just says that there's a problem locking my mail file, and
I can't figure out why.

So, anybody else had similar problems and fixed them?

Any help most appreciated, cheers, Gary

__

  My plan is to rid this world of the foul brew known as lager and
  install Guinness in it's place           gary@wagner.demon.co.uk