Re: MiNT

Stephan,

>MagiC is a commercial product :( which enables cooperative
>multitasking. Older versions for sure, but they could have changed
>it.
>It is a complete replacement for your AES and comes from the people
>of KAOS-TOS. It is said to be written in assembler and gain its
>speed due to this.
>There is also a version for Apple Macintosh computers, but...
>>>Do not touch the apple-tree<< said God to Eve and Adam.
>
>MagiC's main advantage is that it doesn't implement the Un*x
>features like MiNT does and which only programmers benefit from.
>So it can be simpler and faster.
>
>On the other hand the main disadvantage is the same: The lack of
>the comfort for the programmer.
>
>Together with the price argument mentioned above it's not so good.

Thank you very much for all the explanations. I think i'll stay to my
current version of TOS for now: it's just I am not really ready to
multitasking, in the strict sense of doing several things on the same
computer: I DID touch the Apple tree, and it's not so bad; what I really
use on the Atari is a couple of musical programs, that should work
cooperatively under MagiC, but I can survive using them one at the time.

And also, the Atari is rally SLOW in driving my printer, if I am in Mac
emulation, even if it is a TT030, running at 32 MHz. I am not saying that I
don't like it, but from the Italian point af view is seems really abandoned
and lacking support.

Ciao,
Dante