Re: Eric Smith

Eric,
I am subscribed to the MINT mailing list (even if I am not really intersted
in MINT directly). I have seen your message in which you say you left ATARI
but still have your TT: I also have the TT, and I would like to do some
programming on it and to develop it further for my necessities.

I understand that, having left ATARI, you would not be able to help any
better than your own experience (that I believe is great, but I don't know
in which field specifically).

In my list of wishes:
1) the possibility to access the LAN port from the C language;
2) to have a VME card (and programming libraries) to provide SPDIF I/O (to
and from DAT) and maybe analog input;
3) the possibility to connect a 17" SVGA monitor (without adding lots of
video interfacing) and use it at all the available resolutions: namely the
TT hires mode, even if the switching between hires and the other
resolutions could be a hardware switch rather than a software command.

There are other dreams in my list, but they are mainly connected with third
parties hardware, and probably you don't know much of them:
A) There is a MIDI expansion box/software protection key, named LOG3 and
made by EMAGIC (the ones who make the Notator Logic software): I would like
to be able to access its MIDI ports from the C language;
B) Probably you know Dave Small (the author of the Spectre Mac emulator),
and you are aware that he hasn't improved much his product in the last
years: wouldn't be nice tho have access to the SCSI port and to be able to
run Macintosh System 7 from this emulator?

I know that I am daydreaming for most of my wishes, but any help would be
appreciated...

By the way, we probably have some common interests, given the kind of
activity you are undertaking: I am a amateur musician, and the multimedia
is not far from music; I used to work also in the field of image
processing, and digital video is obviously near the matter: in short, I
would like to correspond via e-mail.

I have also submitted thi letter to the MINT forum, just in case anybody
comes out with some solutions of my wishes (I hope I am not disturbing).

Dante