Re: W1r2 - great!

What you wrote:

> Hi, I'm back from xmas holiday!

Hope you had a good one!

> Windows should be a bit faster after TeSche incorporates my dither
> stuff to W1R2 (it's for W1R1, and I was to lazy to do the conversion
> amyself <g>).

Good!  Right now I can see it drawing each line of the fill in the
window title bar even when my system isn't too loaded.

> > sparse, but I've already written a small program to display an IMG file
> > in a window... once I figure out what the x0,y0 and x1,y1 parameters are
> > for w_putblock(), I'll release the code.
>
> As all blocks go through a socket that's a bit slow. If running on
> an ST, I prefer using my own ST-hirez mono IMG viewer. I use it mainly
> for viewing GnuPlot output (there should be W diffs for GP somewhere
> though...).

Ah, but that's not a W program then, is it?  :-)  I'm going to try to
modify the server and Wlib to use shared memory for speeding up images.
We did that for our X, and our own GUI, Photon, and it made quite a
difference even for local QNX message connections (way faster than
sockets).

Of course, this means delving into the guts and wrecking everything.
:-)  Pity TeSche doesn't comment his code more!

Does anyone know if the docs for shared memory under MiNT are
up-to-date still?

> > 1) my MicroEMACS 3.12 port won't run, it says "the screen is too small"
> >
> > 2) GNU EMACS runs, but makes the cursor flash _really_ fast; the status
> >    line, which should be reverse-video, is underlined (so I suspect a
> >    small bug in the TERMINFO and/or TERMCAP entry for this)
>
> I think 1) is also a TERM bug... (or MicroEmacs).

I think it's TERM, but you never know... I can't even remember what I
did with that MicroEMACS port.

--
Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com