Re: Documentation on minixfs and ext2fs

>>Maybe, but a better way might be not to use the BIOS at all. I'm
>>thinking more along the lines of a scsi.xdd for disk access, among
>>other things.

>Would it be possible to use the Atari-Linux scsi/ide drive-code when making
>a MiNT one? Of course a lot of stuff has to be changed as well as minix.xfs
>but maybe it would be easier than implementing it from nothing?

That is a good idea, but I think it has been suggested before.  Does
the Atari-Linux driver code actually work for the ACSI port and things
like the ICD Link?  Linux is 030 only, so we really can't do any fancy
virtual machine stuff!

It may be very difficult to port the Linux driver.  Also, MiNT seems
to be following a pattern of using the BIOS for major work, and you
just patch your BIOS to fix both TOS and MiNT problems.  This isn't
really a BAD thing - it makes things like HSMODM possible.  But,
it certainly isn't teh best solution.

Anyway, with TWO ways to solve the problem, we can't go wrong!

CYAm
Evan Langlois