X-windows on STF.

I have recently installed X along with the TAF distribution and I am
having problems connecting to my University computer. I start just the
X-server on the ST and telnet to the remote machine where I `setenv DISPLAY
birnie.demon.co.uk:0' and run a window manager there. OpenLook gives me the
message `Unable to find RGB Values for a named Color' and twm says
`invalid color name "white"' and the same for "black". Some applications
notabely POP11, refuse to run saying 'Color name "white" not defined in
server database'. Ditto "black".

Other applications, like XClock, run fine and display on the ST with no
problems. Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is this
something to do with the message the X-server gives on start-up -
`Couldn't open RGB_DB /usr/lib/X11/rgb'?

Also does anyone know where the source/diffs for the mint port of X11R5
is located? Is anyone working on R6? Is there a separate mailing list for
X?

I would be grateful for any information you may have.

Kind regards,
--
Alasdair Campbell			The Birnie Inn
Email: ali@birnie.demon.co.uk		Birnie