Re: Memory protection flags

What you wrote:
> At the last count, my (admittedly slightly out of date) docs stated that you
> could have: Global, Supervisor, Read only, and Private memory blocks.
>
> Are there any others? Someone on the XaAES mailing list said somethnig about
> a mode which lets the OS read ALL memory blocks? Something like that would
> really help me right now :)
> If there are any other modes, could someone let me know and tell me in which
> version of MiNT they are available from?
Yes, there's another one which is OS_SPECIAL it's aimed to let OS parts as
the multitasking AES read memory of all processes and allow anybody in
supervisor mode to read the 'OS_SPECIAL' program.
But, unfortunately I don't remember which bit of the 'protection mode word'
it is. I remember that I discover this in the MiNT source itself.
If you don't find any information about it, just have a look into the source.
You can find it into the memprot.c file.
It's available at least in the 1.12 version of MiNT.
(But I'm quite sure that it's in older versions).

P.S. Could you send me the XaAES mailing list address ?

| Eddy MORFAN      ( Email : morfan@info.unicaen.fr )                 |
| Atari STf    2.5Mo                                                  |
| Atari Falcon 030/4Mo/340Mo                                          |