Help me get running...?

The emphasis seems to be on programming here on the list but I thought I
would send out a plea for help in getting MiNT and Minix going on my
machine(s).

The problems are:

I can't initialize a minix partition on a mega4 ste. It says *sector size
4096 not supported*.  Do I have to reformat my entire hard drive.

I did initialize a partition on a seagate drive (stf 4meg machine) with a
smaller partition and smaller sector size.  However, I don't think the
system knows that I am the root user.  On a rare occasions it allows me to
perform file operations but mostly it tells me "access denied".

On both machines I get a boot message "error in mint.cnf: near: path"
But it seems to start the shell (currently tcsh).

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

jonathan--

      	al220@torfree.net