Re: PLIP: Parallel Line IP.

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Peter Ross wrote:

> Check out this link to find out about PLIP, a networking
> protocal that uses the Parallel port.  Would be useful
> to Falcon users for High speed links with MiNT, Linux,
> or some other Unix type OS.  It would help in the transfer
> of data between PC, Amigas and Falcons.

Nope, Linux (at least on PC) goes a different way expanding the SLIP
protocol to parallel lines. Thus the MiNTnet PLIP and the Linux PLIP are
not kompatibel. But I guess a new PLIP.XIF for MiNTnet that implements
Linux PLIP wouldn't be too difficult. Yet nobody has done it AFAIK.

Cheers  Peter

   Peter Rottengatter             perot@pallas.amp.uni-hannover.de