Set up of a free Multitasking environment

I am trying to set up a combination of software to have a free multitasking
environment on my TT030 (4MB RAM, 420MB HD). My current software "stack" is
as follows:

-FreeMiNT 1.12.5 as a basic OS
-oAESis 0.76 as multitasking AES replacement
-Thing (don't remember the version, and it's probably share, not free)

Can anybody suggest a better combination, or if there are more recent
versions of the above? I have also tried Gemini in place of Thing for the
graphic environment, but I prefer the latter. Currently I have a problem
with Thing, that seems to be quite unstable on my TT, and I would also like
to have an English version, rather then the German I have now (I would be
interested in localizing all of the above, or at least Thing, to the
Italian language).

Greetings to all,
Dante

|______ Dante Turrini - via F.Malaguti, 7 - 40126 BOLOGNA, ITALY ______|