Re: ssh

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does anybody know if ssh is available for MiNTOS? If not, is there
> another way of getting pine to run on my stv52-terminals?

I can't help you with ssh...  but maybe with the other question.

If I understand what you are looking for, you might try to
forward the stv52 termcap entry to your Internet provider's
sysadmin and ask him to install it in the termcap library on his
system.  (Assuming a Unix system, which I presume is likely if
you are running pine on it.)

My ISP was very cooperative in that regard;  this allows me to
telnet to their machine and then run pine or lynx on my MiNT
virtual console.

Oh, one more thing: some Unix systems have a different format
for terminal information.  They use terminfo format instead of
termcap.  Utilities exist to make the conversion if necessary. A
competent sysadmin would know this (and a friendly one would do
it for you. :-)

Regards

Yves