Re: PPP @ 115200 bps

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Sven Karlsson wrote:

> > I am having big troubles with PPP over my serial null-modem link between
> > my AfterBurner and my 6x86 in MiNTOS. When the serial speed is set to
> > 115200 bps, ftp's put file is very slow - only about 6000 cps, while get
> > file locks completely. What's going on? Why is it so slow? In Linux-m68k
> > the ftp speed is 10300 cps in both directions, and Linux is written in
> > 'C'. I think that MiNT should be faster than Linux, so where could be the
> > reason of so slow MiNT ppp?
>
> MiNT is also written in 'C' however the problems you are facing are probably due
> to the slow serial routines in TOS which MiNT uses. Have you tried using HSmodem
> or another serial routine replacement?

Yes, of course. I have HS-Modem 07 installed in AUTO folder before MiNT.

BTW, with PPP @ 57600 bps the ftp speed is 5300 cps sending from MiNT and
3400 cps receiving.

> BTW MiNT is rather slow in some cases. This is one of the reasons I began writing
> Fenix.

I know you began working on Fenix, but I don't know what is current stage
of your project.. And as for slow MiNT - my machine should have enough
power to run PPP @ 1000000 bps. Something must be blocking the serial
interrupt and causing overruns? (I am just guessing..)

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz