Time patch -- let's talk about it.

As the subscribers to this list know,  I have made a survey of
the patches that were submitted to this list over the past
couple of years.  I intend, with the kind help of our resident
gurus,  to put together the next MiNTlibs, PL47.

The only major patch that raised a yet-unresolved objection
(from Petr), is Jerry Geiger's work on the library's time
functions. Jerry's proposal has not been adequately discussed in
the past.  If that's because there's nothing to discuss, then
I'll just go ahead and put it in.

Other PL47 patches deal mostly in bugfixes and tidying the libs.
Jerry's patch is innovative, in that it brings the libs a step
closer to Unix.  That is why, upon reflection, I am not inclined
to ignore this patch.  It makes the libs more POSIX-compliant
and improves the performance of near-real time programs.  What
is the downside?

Yves