Re: CLOK cookie and Tgettimeofday()

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Sven Karlsson wrote:

> I don't quite like the idea of adding yet another (4) functions to
> the already huge MiNT kernel. Put them into the mint libs instead!
1. I don't like the idea of having the same function n times in memory
   cause they are linked into most/nearly every program. And
   these functions are not to emulate completely in the library!

2. You don't need to add them to your MiNT executable, if you don't want them.

btw Fenix: what time related calls and encodings offers Fenix to programs?

> As for the cookie: I think that these things are much better set in
> an environment variable. I regard the whole cookie jar idea to be a
> bit too kludgy. (I mean the whole idea of having a cookie jar.)
I agree with that. But We have it now.
Variables are to be handled by the users. And they don't want to maintain
variable lists. So I thought of a cookie what is set by MiNT itself or by
users who run their system in UTC time. (Those know how to set a cookie)

My proposal was just for a catch all library, and this is claimed to run
everywhere.

> searched by means of shared library calls.
Nice if you have those, I do not.

  jerry
        jerry@merlin.abacus.de          jerry@zedat.fu-berlin.de