RE: CLOK cookie and Tgettimeofday()

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Julian Reschke-FJR010 wrote:

> Having said that -- it really isn't necessary to put it into a cookie,
> either. If the cookie contains status information about the system clock,
> why not make it a MiNT call which just returns these values?
Cause MiNT doesn't know anything about the timezone of the clock.

> If inquiring
> the time is a kernel call, inquiring status information about the time
> should be also a kernel call.
Okay, there should be something like
	Ssystem(long mode, void *values);
could be used for a lot of problems (e.g get rid of users' Supexec() calls)

But then MiNT still needs to know about the time in the clock. So we would need
a new MiNT version with e.g. a new command for mint.cnf to support UTC.
Maybe in some next MiNT release. :-) But we need s.th. for now:
A cookie could be placed by an '/auto' program and MiNT can add the
bits if it supports Tgettimeofday().

  jerry
        jerry@merlin.abacus.de          jerry@zedat.fu-berlin.de