Re: Minix crash

> >For compatibility purposes, I would rather have
> >VFAT than Minix, PLUS the above problems with a
> >potential Minix crash make me wonder how safe a
> >Unix partition is, given fewer recover tools in
> >case a problem happens.

As far as I know, the Minix FS is as safe (considering crashes) as any
other filesystem. Everything depends on bugs in the appropriate XFS. If a
VFAT.XFS would be now created from scratch, I guess the first versions may
be much more buggy than MINIX.XFS :) That last works (hardly) for me each
day for 8 months now and I haven't noticed any serious problems - perhaps
it needs YEARS to corrupt :):):):):):):):):):) For now, I decided to
reformat a third partition to the Minix FS (and I did it).

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz

mail:draco@nidus.mi.com.pl
     draco@irc.pl
     draco@piwo.bl.pg.gda.pl
     conradus@avanti.orient.uw.edu.pl
     conradus@plearn.edu.pl
     draco@nuova.id.uw.edu.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
 IRC:[Draco]

*** Ea natura multitudinis est,
*** aut servit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
*** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono
*** unizenie, albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.
                                           (Liv. XXIV, 25)