Re: GlueSTiK

 >[Incidentally, why the Cc:?  If you think the MiNT list is a more
 >appropriate forum, I'll be happy to move discussion there, but this
 >seems to be more STiK-related than MiNT-related...]

Given it's a MiNTnet driver, either lists seemed suitable. ;-)

 >>pid 6 (ATARIRC): ERROR: In CNbyte_count(19457{19457}): fcntl() returns 37 ("inv
 >>alid handle")
 >>pid 6 (ATARIRC): ERROR: CNbyte_count(19457{19457}) returns error code -1037
 >
 >Bookkeeping error.  That magic cookie is supposed to be getting mapped to
 >a real socket descriptor internally (which is the purpose of the "xxx{yyy}"
 >notation; for a listen port, those two numbers should be different);
 >unfortunately, I was bolloxing the information needed to do the mapping.
 >This is fixed.

New beta with fix any soon? ;-)

 >>   Client IP address: 0.0.0.0
 >>          Local port: 1034
 >
 >Um, actually, that's the zero host address that gets passed to TCP_open()
 >to tell it to create a listen port.  Somehow I missed that in the code...
 >:-}  Unfortunately, getsockname() on the newly created listen socket
 >returns a client IP of 127.0.0.1, which does me just oodles of good. :-/

LOL!  0.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1 are soooo usefull! ;-P  (they really ARE)

However, if you read STiK docs, Client IP is whatever (fixed
or dynamic) IP one uses for the session.  GlueSTiK obviously
failed in copying the client IP fron MiNTnet into STiK. This
debug function in AtarIRC reports the actual client IP which
is found in STiK, not whatever is temporarily used for given
tcp_open() operations over a specific socket.

 >I'm poking around to see if something simple like a resolve on
 >gethostname() will suffice.

Hopefully... ;-)

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem
  <HTML><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></HTML>