Re: GlueSTiK

 >>  >Bookkeeping error. [...]
 >>  >This is fixed.
 >
 >> New beta with fix any soon? ;-)
 >
 >As soon as I figure out the bit below.
 >
 >> However, if you read STiK docs, Client IP is whatever (fixed
 >> or dynamic) IP one uses for the session.
 >
 >See, that's the sticking point.  AIUI, pppd can actually change the local
 >machine's notion of what its IP address is; and I'm trying to figure out
 >how to get that information out of it.  Doing a resolve on gethostname()
 >will probably just return what's defined in /etc/hosts, which does me no
 >good in the case of dynamic IP address assignment.  Or for that matter, I
 >may need to be using the IP address of the machine at the other end of the
 >PPP connection, and I can't figure out how to get *that* either.

At login, I get a [pppd] Local IP Address x.x.x.x
and then a [pppd] Remote IP Address x.x.x.x which
are reported on the console. I'm not too familiar
with how PPP works, but one is definitely myself,
and the other is my provider. I am sure these IPs
are logged in /var or somewhere and could be then
copied into GlueSTiK's ICB if/when requested.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem
  <HTML><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></HTML>