Re: about toswin II

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Mikko Larjava wrote:

> > It's faster, has better terminal-emulation, works great with colours...
>
> What I've used it its not faster than previous toswin version and still
> the vt100 emulation is broken in some places. Haven't looked the code or
> even tried to figure out what exactly is the problem but it doesn´t
> work with everything when used as a terminal for our Universitys

the vt100 emulation works pretty well. I am just searching for one
remaining bug (a 'K' character appears at some places of screen) in my
termcap/terminfo (because I don't think it's a bug in vt100 emulation).

> machines. And the tw52 color system is also broken. Probably something to
> do with a thing that it uses ascii codes 0-15 as colors. Everything gets
> messed up with some colors. It uses the same escape sequences for colors
> as st52?

tw52 is TOS VT52 compatible. You can get 100% TOS compatible VT52 colors
when you use TosWin II 2.1 (not released yet, AFAIK) - alternatively you
can get the patched TosWin II 2.0 from my WWW page. In the original 2.0
version of TosWin II the colors are just a bit mixed (TOS -> VDI
conversion) but I haven't noted any problem with Thing/thing or anything
else.

> Otherwise fine piece of code...

It's the first emulator I managed to run with colors. Also the
semigraphics characters in vt100 are great.

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm          PARCP development
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                          MiNT/Linux user